BecksBookPicks's Reviews > Shadow Cay

Shadow Cay by Leona DeRosa Bodie

Jul 15, 10

Read from July 13 to 15, 2010

I have a mixed review. I don't usually read full out thrillers unless its James Patterson. So , i might not have fully known what to expect. In saying this, I liked the book. The story was captivating. I did want to get to the end, to see what was going to happen. I was rooting for the bad guys to be taken down.

What I didn't like was that I kinda didn't get the point fully to the story. The story was good like is said, but i don't fully feel like from the description on the back on the book, that i had any clue was i was going to read about. For the most part i went into it blind. I think the description on the back of the book could explain a little more. There were a lot of characters in this book to keep up with. That was rather difficult until i got a little more then halfway through. The book is full of dates, that at first i felt were important to keep up with, but then learned i didn't really have too.

Like i said, it was a good thriller if that is your kind of book. There is no romance for romance junkies hoping to find a tiny spark between two people. You will feel emotions for the people who lost their lives. And most of all, you really are waiting for the bad guys to get taken down and rooting for the good guys to make it. I think this would make an excellent movie. Maybe we will get to see it on the big screen!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow Cay.