Kelli's Reviews > Dark Angel

Dark Angel by V.C. Andrews

Sep 02, 10

Read from July 13 to September 02, 2010

** spoiler alert ** This book took me over a month to finish because it was so terrible.

There were multiple instances when the main characters would do things that made absolutely NO sense, and I would read these passages thinking, "WTF? Who would do that?" only to later realize that the previous passage was contrived in order to make some "shocking" event possible in the future.

Spoiler alert- it's a bad book, but I still don't want to ruin it for those devoted VCA fans.

Example: the incident with the "bag of filth." Who on earth would dispose of a "bag of filth" down a laundry chute? It made ZERO sense, especially for one who was supposedly so resourceful as Heaven. But then later the reader discovers that she had to get rid of it in that way so that the mean girl can land in it after that lame initiation thing.

And the whole Troy has a devastating dark secret side that turns out to be... pause for dramatic effect... depression. Please. And did anyone else realize that he was completely healthy for the ENTIRE book until suddenly his "secret" is revealed and he's ready to join the land of the happy- then... omg! He sleeps with his window open for one night during a storm and is instantly seconds away from death. Lame.

Also, a little FYI- horses are smart. They don't go galloping into the f*ing ocean in a fit of hysteria. This passage was so RETARDED that I was laughing and read it aloud to my husband so he could share the forced melodrama with me.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Angel.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Alma while I do agree they're are done insurances that Scooby make sense, I disagree about it being terrible.