Anne Nikoline's Reviews > The Gathering

The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong

Jul 26, 15

bookshelves: young-adult, own, romance, paranormal, fiction, american, 2000s, novel, female-author
Read from July 16 to 21, 2011

204 pages later and nothing has happened yet. At least not something remarkable nor anything that makes you want to keep on reading, so I'll be putting this book down. Maybe for a while, maybe even forever. To me The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong is nothing like her other phenomenal series, Darkest Powers, which is one of my favourites. The Gathering is just a simple girl, meeting a not so simple new guy, whom people don't really trust. Then there's parties and school. Nothing you have already seen.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gathering.

07/16/2011 page 33
9.0% "Right not I'm not feeling anything for this book. Sigh!" 9 comments
07/18/2011 page 121
34.0% "This might take forever since everything that has happened so far is like any other typical YA book; new boy, being ordinary but not really, boys, boys, boys and a stupid party. These book need to get over themselves!"

Wendy Darling That's too bad. :( I really liked her other series, too...I think I may wait until the second book is released to read this one. I hear it's mostly set-up.

Anne Nikoline Sorry it took me forever to reply on your comment, but I just got back from vacation. Yeah, it really sucks how little I enjoyed the book. It just reminds of so, so many other YA books; parties, being a teenager, boys, boys, boys, bad boys, overprotecting friend, some magical/paranormal whatever. You name it! Still, I didn't quite enjoy the author's werewolf-series too, so maybe Darkest Powers series was just a simple stand out?