Ronan's Reviews > The Reality Bug

The Reality Bug by D.J. MacHale

Jul 13, 2010

** spoiler alert ** Fourth in the Pendragon Series by D.J. MacHale this book was one of my personal favorites. Bobby Pendgragon arrives on the territory of Veelox home to the traveller Aja Killian.
Veelox is home to the greatest virtual reality simulator ever created, Lifelight. The problem is, the virtual reality is so good, no one wants to live in real life and the territory begins to crumble due to negligence.
Bobby and Aja, along with fellow traveller Loor attempt to infect the computer of Lifelight with the Reality Bug, a virus that makes fantasy imperfect and the real world more desirable.
Due to manipulation from the primary antagonist Saint Dane. Bobby and Loor are forced to travel into the depths of Lifelight to save Veelox.

The book explores many of Booby's feelings toward his lost life before he became a traveller. Thanks to Lifelight Booby gets to play the all important basketball match he missed.
The book also raises some philosophical issues (though they are hidden by the action). Should we just escape to our fantasies or live in imperfection that is reality.
The book offers good action along with clever dialogue and more than a few twists and curve balls thrown in along the way.
In my opinion well worth reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Reality Bug.