Jenny (hades2) (Chocolate Chunky Munkie)'s Reviews > The Forest of Hands and Teeth

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan

Aug 25, 10

bookshelves: keepers
Read from August 24 to 25, 2010

I must say when I first picked up this book I was a bit put off with the zombie theme. Zombies just freak me out, something to do with the rotting flesh and mindless moaning urrrggghh. But I have to say this book blew me away. It has to be one of my top 5 reads of the year.

The story follows Mary a girl who is part of a village fenced away from the unconsecrated - zombies. Mary's mother tells stories of an ocean far away where there is so much water it is beyond belief. Throughout her life Mary has dreamed of seeing this ocean. But the one thing that comes between her dreams is the Forest of Hands and Teeth which is full of the unconsecrated. Maybe there is no life in the world other than her own secured village, which is run by the Guardians and the Sisterhood. They are a poweful force who stop at nothing to secure the villages safety. But all is not as it seems............

I really enjoyed the story and found this book hard to put down. I can't wait to read the next in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Forest of Hands and Teeth.

Quotes Jenny (hades2) (Chocolate Chunky Munkie) Liked

Carrie Ryan
“I want to sleep, I want dreams to pull me from this world and make me forget. To stop the memories from swirling around me. To put an end to this ache that consumes me.”
Carrie Ryan, The Forest of Hands and Teeth

08/24/2010 page 80
26.0% "This is so good!! A real page turner :)"
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Josette (new) - added it

Josette Reading the premise of this reminded me a bit of the film The Village with Joaquin Phoenix....sounds interesting.

Jenny  (hades2) (Chocolate Chunky Munkie) Yes there were certain similarities, but this one had zombies lol x Brilliant book, one of my top reads for 2010 :)

Julie (73) I've just started it!! x

Jenny  (hades2) (Chocolate Chunky Munkie) I did see. Nothing gets past my beady eye lol x

Manda Graham I'll just received your book before I go, looks very exciting. Top pick. Something to look forward to when I get back. Thank you Jenny

Jenny  (hades2) (Chocolate Chunky Munkie) Yay! I hope you like it Manda :D Enjoy your trip!!!

Manda Graham I am looking forward to it when I have post holiday blues. Can't believe I'm actually off after over a year fundraising and planning.

Jenny  (hades2) (Chocolate Chunky Munkie) I know! Time has gone so fast.

Manda Graham This last couple of weeks has been totally mad - I am so glad I'm got a weekend before I go, I just feel like sleeping. Oh yes, I hope you enjoy your last book circle book - I did and my mum did too.