♡Meme♡Reads love♡'s Reviews > Angels' Blood

bookshelves: paranormal-love, angels, a-lil-on-the-gory-side
Recommended for: All my Goodreads friends
Read from July 12 to 20, 2010

Angels’ Blood

Being introduced to a new author is all ways a challenge for me, But the girl at my bookstore said this was a must read. “If you liked J.R. Ward then you will definitely like Nalini Singh.” She said to me. She talked so highly of this book and had such a glow on her face when she was telling me about the book that I just had to get it. I’m easily stirred when someone is excited to tell me about a book.

Now to the reasons of why I like this book. I love her descriptions of the Angels and their wings. I also love the different ethnicities of everyone; the book definitely has a lot of people from various cultures. I like the romance between the Archangel Raphael and Elena the hunter after about 100 or so pages the hunter lost her bitchiness and became more likable.

The reasons for the 4 stars is I know this was a urban fantasy romance story but I would have preferred her say it was just a urban fantasy because there wasn’t a whole lot of romance between the two but I have to admit there were some good tension I would have liked it better if the author would have left the gruesome details out of the killings by one particular angle. What he did to the humans made me a little nauseas at times. I would have more preferred the details of Raphael and Elena’s romantic moments. What I couldn’t understand during the ending battle was where were all the other angels why didn’t he have help I thought that they mention in the beginning that it was agreed they all were going to kill the bad Angel. But then again I could have forgotten something I due tend to read fast sometimes. ☺

One more thing I have to say about the battle was that it was great and full of excitement. Over all it was a very good story with some wonderful surprises in the end. I will be defiantly be reading the next book to this series.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angels' Blood.

Quotes ♡Meme♡Reads love♡ Liked

Nalini Singh
“Oh my God! I'm crushing an angel. Let me up!”
Nalini Singh, Angels' Blood

07/12/2010 page 39
12.0% "I love the description of his wings"
07/14/2010 page 113
33.0% "Kind of slow right now hope it gets a little more interesting I think it could be a good series with all the other Angels and Hunters the Heroine kind of gets on my nerves though."
07/20/2010 page 340
100.0% "It got better after pg. 120... I want an angel now"
show 1 hidden update…