Patterson1219's Reviews > Sharpshooter in Petticoats

Sharpshooter in Petticoats by Mary Connealy

Jan 09, 11

bookshelves: 2011
Read from January 07 to 08, 2011

I will admit to being an avid fan of Mary Connealy - since I tend to view myself as one that avoids the emphasis of religion in books, I find it quite shocking to enjoy a Christian book so much. My absolute love for Mary Connealy's writing style simply defies description... perhaps it's the abundance of humor, the romantic overtones, or the strong-willed women. Probably a combination of all three!

Sharpshooter in Petticoats was another fantastic read that had me nearly hootin and hollerin. The relationship between Tom and Mandy was probably my favorite to date - perhaps because we have seen glimpses of it in previous books? Either way, I absolutely adored the opening of the book with Tom sweeping the (irate) damsel in distress off her feet.

The one major complaint, though it could be just me, was the sheer number of characters in this book. While I have read all the previous books, I had a hard time with the constantly changing POV - part of the problem might have been that I was trying to remember the background story for each individual person that appeared. When reading a book, I prefer the majority of the plot to revolve around the main couple.

So, in typical fashion, Sharpshooter in Petticoats was a wonderful read. The ultimate climax of the Sophie's Daughters trilogy was well done and only left me wanting more, more, more of Mary Connealy's phenomenal work!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sharpshooter in Petticoats.