Ariell's Reviews > Matched

Matched by Ally Condie

Jul 18, 11

bookshelves: books-read-in-2011, fiction, fiction-lds-author, sci-fi-fantasy, dystopian
Read from July 12 to 18, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Matched.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Brittany Just finished it last night!

Ariell Me too! Did you like it? I liked it. I hope there is another book coming out to continue the story.

Brittany Yes, there is! It's a trilogy . It looks like the next book comes out in November. We should try to go to a release signing together! I bet she'll do one in SLC. I thought the book was well written and refreshing for YA.

Ariell That would be fun. hopefully it will be at a time when I can go. (i.e. before the baby comes.) November is going to be a crazy month for me.
I don't always like the dystopian type novels. Like ferenheit 451. Some are too creepy. I really like this one, but it still has a creepiness about it. The whole idea of a society that is so strictly controlled that most of the people are brainwashed into believing "all is well in Zion." Or something like that. Yet, I can't help thinking things about our society are already like that. Maybe not so organized, but in a subtle way.
If you happen to find out about a release signing, let me know. It would be fun.

Brittany Yes, there are a few books like this that I've read: 1984, The Giver, Anthem... I thought it was good, though not completely novel. Well, I guess it was a novel ;)