Milly's Reviews > Crescendo

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

May 09, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: series, angels, teen-romance, young-adult
Read from April 24 to May 09, 2011

TBR Reduction Challenge

What is it about fallen angels and their heroines? I just finished reading Torment and it feels like deja vu! Crescendo was another book with 400+ pages and it dragged as much as Torment did. And since this wasn't in an audible version, it was harder to finish. The action didn't pick up until the very end, again.

Nora, wow! I'm so speechless about her. She irritated me and confused me. She made trouble for herself, put herself in difficult situations, and kept making problems with her relationship with Patch. Poor Patch. I don't know why he put up with Nora with all her drama. She's definitely an immature teenager who feels the world revolved around her. I just didn't empathize with her at all in this book. I didn't get her at all. The only thing I relished about this book was that I actually couldn't figure out the villain until the end and who the Black Hand is! At least that wasn't obvious and the building to the revelation was worthwhile. And the truth about Nora's genealogy was unexpected, a welcome surprise.

However, the ending was another disappointment! I can't take anymore cliffhanger endings! First, Torment, now Crescendo too? I wished they at least addressed the situation between Nora and her mother. But even that has to be followed to the next installment. 426 pages and all these unresolved issues? Not making me very happy.

Definitely picking up the audible version of the next installment unless it's reduced to 300 pages!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crescendo.

04/24/2011 "Put on hold. Too similar with Torment. I might get confused if I read these simultaneously."