Angel 's Reviews > Me of Little Faith

Me of Little Faith by Lewis Black

190365
Aug 14, 10

bookshelves: biography-and-memoir, commentary-and-opinion, humor, religion-studies
Read from August 07 to 14, 2010, read count: 1

If you like Lewis Black, whether from his stand-up comedy or from his work at The Daily Show, then you will probably like this book. I did not rate it higher because it does slow a bit at the end. However, it is worth reading. Black combines humor with memoir and commentary to reflect on his relationship with religion. More importantly, he reminds us of the importance of humor, especially when it comes to religion. The deity, whatever form it takes, must have a sense of humor, so we should have some sense of humor as well when it comes to religion. The early part of the book is the best part. Along the way, we get a look at politics, G.W. Bush, Muslims, Christians, and even Mormons; Black pretty much covers a lot of territory in this book. I did like it overall, and I think a good number of people should read it. Maybe it would help them be less uptight.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Me of Little Faith.

08/09/2010 page 16
08/11/2010 page 65
25.0% "If there is a hell, it will be a replica of any airport in the United States. Now there's a scary thought."
08/13/2010 page 121
47.0% ""Finally, just a word to the wise: When your religion leads you to contemplate taking your own life--the only one you are positive you're going to have--then it's not a religion anymore. It's a death trip.""
08/13/2010 page 146
57.0% ""That's the funny thing about religion. It doesn't matter what you say, you are going to upset someone.""
show 2 hidden updates…