Smokinhotbooks K.C.'s Reviews > Eternal Kiss of Darkness

Jul 26, 10

bookshelves: pnr
Read from July 12 to 21, 2010

Read Full Review Here

I admit, I was on the fence about reading Eternal Kiss of Darkness. Not that I didn’t enjoy First Drop of Crimson, but when an author gives you such memorable characters such as Bones and Cat, it becomes a bit hard to live up to that standard. EKOD starts off with Mencheres who is Bones’s mentor/Godfather/Grandfather in the vampire realm. Enter Kira who happens upon Mencheres being beaten by ghouls - thinking he was merely human she gets herself almost killed by saving him. Bu-u-ut he has no way of erasing her memories so she is forced to stay with him for one week until his blood wears off.

What I liked the Mostest

I think what I liked most about EKOD is Kira’s character. She is independent, loyal, and gets the crap beat out of her trying to keep Mencheres secret. My kinda gal.

Oh My Gah. The ceiling sexy time!!! The author always manages to ‘bring it’ with the vampire love scenes. I’ve been a fan of hers since Night Huntresses series infamous Chapter 32. Although Mencheres has been celibate for thousands of years, he can’t seem to resist the charming Kira. Even after he lets her ago he follows her to make sure she is safe. Yes, he is just that adorable. He also helps out with her sister’s illness and looks at Kira like a man who hasn’t had water in 3 days. The tension between these two characters simply sizzles off the pages. I kid you not.

My Itty Bitty Niggle

If there was one itty bitty teeny tiny thing that niggled me was I didn’t feel we really got to know Mencheres. Although we get glimpses of his past, after reading The End, his character remains somewhat of a mystery.

Bottom Line if you are sitting on the fence on this one, hop off, shake your tail feather (sorry I’m listening to Hits 90 on Sirus) and get thee to a bookstore. Yes, we all know this isn’t going to be what I dub Cat and Bones books, but EKOD still brings it! Eternal Kiss of Darkness is a solid read filled with tension, loyalty, sensual vampire bites and sexy time on the ceiling!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eternal Kiss of Darkness.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kay OMG!! So lucky!!

Smokinhotbooks K.C. I like the main heroine so far she has spunk.

smexys_sidekick (Tori-Smexybooks) Lucky girl. Can't wait to read. :)

Smokinhotbooks K.C. @Tori I'm connecting more with the main characters than I did with FDOC. Come on July 27th get here already!!!

smexys_sidekick (Tori-Smexybooks) I know. Stupid calendars.

message 6: by Cari (new)

Cari Quinn I'll be picking this up on release day like I do with all JF's books, but I'm glad to hear you're connecting more with the main characters here than in FDOC. I think I may be spoiled by Cat and Bones. ;D

Pamela / SpazP Wooo hooo!! Enjoy the read and here is an affectionate "I am so jealous!!" :)

Jenny I agree with Pamela, I affectionately hate you a little bit for getting to read it already:):) I will be at my bookstore on Tuesday, and may they fear me if they deny me Mencheres like they did with Ethan and Twice Bitten.