Stephanie's Reviews > Hush, Hush

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Aug 21, 10

Read from August 15 to 20, 2010

THE STORY: HUSH, HUSH

Falling in love was never so easy . . .

or so deadly.

For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.

I first heard of this book on a blog about books called http://alexreadsbooks.blogspot.com/. I wrote it down on my Future Reads list and the next time I went to the library I was put on the reserve list. I waited a veryyyyyyyyyy long time and it was totally worth it. I loved it!!! I immediately fell in love with the made male character, Patch. First of all, awesome name! Second, he had just the right amount of mystery and made me very curious to figure out what was up with his story line. God, how much I wish he was real is not even funny! I liked Nora, the female lead. She was very developed, I thought, in the way of her character. It had depth and was not just another female that can't do anything by herself and needs to find the guy. She was very independent and I liked that. At first, I thought, this had better not be another vampire book. And it turns out it's about angels. A refreshing change. So check out this debut book from
Becca Fitzpatrick. I am positive you will love it just as much as I did!!

***The second one is called Crescendo. I'm not sure if it's out yet in the United States. My sources are contradicting. So if it is, check that one out too!!***

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hush, Hush.

08/15/2010 page 1