Shane's Reviews > The Bourne Supremacy

The Bourne Supremacy by Robert Ludlum

Jul 12, 10

Read in July, 2010

Worth-reading ? yes. Why am I reading these books ? Well rather than be redundant, you can read the reviews of the first two.

Educational ? Yes. I suppose that this criterion is just jumping to the top of my reviews. Entertaining ? Page-turning ? of course are, in part, some of the reasons that people like to read specific books.
I like to learn things (in my own books - I purposefully integrate subject matter.)

So what did I learn ? I learned (or relearned in some areas) about China: it's people, politics, culture, geography, underground, priorities, etc. etc. I learned a ton !

The story itself: more about the United States government, global politics, complicated and clandestine activities, etc. etc. (oh yeah - this is fiction - right ?)
Lots of the cat and mouse chasing but now I'm expecting this in the stories.

The critique: There are a quite a few characters: main and supporting, and many of the male characters are developed and interesting. There are only two main female characters and one of these women (not Bourne's wife mind you) is well-developed. For some odd reason, Bourne's wife, Marie, seems to be.... well I don't want to be a spoiler so that is all I will say.
It would be interesting to hear other's opinions on Marie's character.

Well - I'm done with the three of these books and I am writing as well. I will have to 'decide' upon the next book that I will have at my bedside - and we all know that this is not an easy decision. I'll have to spend some time looking at what my goodreads friends have been reading, saying and doing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bourne Supremacy.