Dianah's Reviews > The Big Game

The Big Game by Sandy Schofield

Jul 11, 2010

bookshelves: 100-books, star-trek
Read in July, 2010

With the third original book in the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine series, I'm shocked to have to type, for the third time, there's a killer on the station and Odo has to stop him. Yes, I sighed loudly.

The good thing about The Big Game is it is a quick read. The characters are fairly in character with some minor discrepancies that are easy to overlook. It moves along at a great pace and it's fun how some of the one-shot and minor Next Gen characters are shuffled into the mix.

The cause of the space disturbances and the fix is a major drawback of the book. While it's an interesting idea it isn't practical within the Star Trek universe. There's a mistake in the digital copy I read that had Odo in Ops and Quark's at the same time. I had to go back because I thought I missed something. I think "Odo" replaced "O'Brien" in the text.

Including Garak in the story and putting Bashir in a tuxedo made me smile. Jake and Nog's storyline was a bit boring, but worked as a plot device. All-in-all an entertaining, light read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Big Game.