Jessica (Books: A true story)'s Reviews > The Doctrine and Covenants of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

The Doctrine and Covenants of the Church of Jesus Christ of L... by Joseph Smith Jr.
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Doctrine and Covenants of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

07/11/2010 page 8
09/05/2012 page 174
59.0% "Started in 2010 and I'm still chipping away at it. I'm starting to read it every day so it should go faster."
06/13/2013 marked as: read
show 9 hidden updates…

message 1: by April Lyn (new)

April Lyn This is interesting. Are you mormon? I've read a lot of The Pearl of Great Price and the Book of Mormon when I was younger.

Jessica (Books: A true story) Yes I am Mormon. I've read the Pearl of Great Price and the Book of Mormon. Have you ever read the Doctrine and Covenants?

message 3: by April Lyn (new)

April Lyn Jessica wrote: "Yes I am Mormon. I've read the Pearl of Great Price and the Book of Mormon. Have you ever read the Doctrine and Covenants?"

I don't think so. For a really long time my best friend was Mormon. So (about 13 years ago) I had the six "talks" with the missionaries, watched the videos, went to seminary before high school, etc. I went to Mormon dances and services and.. well, I couldn't go to her wedding since she was married in the temple. I did a few reports on it also. I have since mostly lost interest. I practice Christianity, too, but my church now is non-denom. I've been there about 4 years. Prior to that I was at a Brethren church for about 6 years.

Jessica (Books: A true story) That's really cool you did all that. I was raised Mormon by my parents, but my mom used to be Catholic and my dad used to be Methodist. I don't know that I've ever heard of the Brethren church.

message 5: by April Lyn (new)

April Lyn I was raised Catholic but my parents would just drop my brothers and I off in CCD (Sunday School) and go home, only to pick us up again an hour later. They never attended mass so I didn't see the value either. When I got my 1st confirmation at the age of 13 I quit going entirely. A couple years later I went to a very very small youth group (to meet a boy I'd "met" online) and accepted Christ there! Craziness. I was there for a couple years before I started attending the Brethren church. They're pretty close to non-denom, but a little more conservative. We did foot-washings a lot. My church now has around 12000 members, so it's a bit too big for me. But my husband grew up there and he works there, and we're really involved, so, we'll probably be there a while.

Jessica (Books: A true story) That's neat. Thanks for sharing :) I like learning about other's religions.