DarienMoya's Reviews > Puppy Love 3: Reawakening

Puppy Love 3 by Jeff Erno

Jul 11, 2010

bookshelves: 2010-reads, fave-books-of-2010, my-m-m-lovin, three-dollar-bill-reviews, favorites, tie-me-up-and-use-me
Read from July 11 to 15, 2010

^^MATT AND HIS PUP STILL GOT IT^^

It is with a sad heart that I write this review but I am also very happy at the same time. My favourite couple’s story has come to an end, and what an ending it was. As I have mentioned before I was a little skeptical about reading the series, and I blame that on my preconceived notions of what a D/s relationship was really like. I have always had an aversion to someone telling another what to do and running his/her life. That was my single story of a D/s relationship. No one is more surprised than I am by how much in love I am with Petey, Matt, Alex and Drew. I now know that, any part of sexuality is never wrong as long as both partners are willing. Let me tell you this series will make you laugh, cry and have supreme bouts of anger at least that was my experience.

The third book in this wonderful series, and man was this one a joy ride. I am talking shocking moments, moments of laughter and oh so much love. We know that Petey and Matt met under bad circumstances, when Petey was getting beats by some punks, and Matt came to his rescue. After that meeting, a special relationship was developed and both provided what the other needed. The first two books we got to see how this relationship was progressing, and even though there were so many ups and downs both Petey and Matt remained true to their characters. Petey and his unwavering loyalty to Matt, and Matt and his very assholish ways. We had to watch Petey suffer and experience pain for his master to learn a lesson in humility. Even through all this, one thing remains clear; this is story about love, pure genuine,I would give up the world for you love.

After the ending of Puppy Love 2, we know that Matt and Petey had a situation that they needed to get through, the third book provides a clear look into this wonderful couple overcoming the odds and remaining a rock in each other’s lives. I can say that there is a happy ending, but there is also some jaw dropping moments and a big WHAT THE F*CK, at this very moment I still cannot understand why. I guess it is the talent of the author remaining true to his characters, or he really is one optimistic person. If I were in their position, I would not be so forgiving. We get to meet the parents and that was not as horrible as I expected, we get to see Matt struggle with his position as a Dom, not necessarily a struggle but his more stern ways are put to the test.

The friendships are just pure wonderful, for all the things that Alex, Matt Petey and Drew have been through you would think that they would hate each other. No way is that an issue, all four remain loyal to each other and I strongly believe without the presence of Alex and Drew there would be no Matt and his pup. They are like the pieces to their puzzles they make them fit. I love Drew and he is just a brave and truly unique friend. Its time for my favourite part, the wonderful sex. Even though it is not in abundance, there are some breakthrough moments, like Matt giving oral, talk about knocking my socks off. I died all kinds of death when I read that and if I were a dude I would have been all kinds of hard. There is also a bit of pain in this book, and it includes a new friend of the paddle. I am talking red butt cheeks and crying, mmmmm delicious. Never thought I would be one to enjoy the pleasures of pain, then again never thought I would enjoy reading about a D/s relationship. This book was just all kinds of good y’all.

Told in first person, we get to experience all the pains and joy of our Petey pup. The book moves quite well as to be expected of Jeff, I will be a fan of the author for a while to come. I am just a huge fan of love conquers all and beautiful boys, and Puppy Love got beauty. I am very happy with how the series has ended and I am sure you will be also. I was a little scared at one point when I thought Matt was going soft, but he hits us with his I am so awesome and I realize no need to worry asshole for life and I love him(Alot). As you can probably tell it was worth five stars and more, might not be your cup of tea but it says this, when it comes to sexuality nothing is ever wrong when you are happy. I love my boys!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Puppy Love 3.

07/11/2010 page 1
0.0% "I can't even wait, I am freaking out! I barely even started."
07/11/2010 page 69
22.0% "Man I missed my boys. Petey is different but my heart still goes out to him. Matt is still the man."
07/12/2010 page 110
35.0% "Oh the drama, this is crazy but all kinds of good. I love these guys so much."
07/12/2010 page 163
52.0% "Matt makes bing an asshole an art form, truly feckin brilliant. I love him all kinds of ways. Poor Drew, mmmm to the sexy time, I am really likin all the new additions. GIRL BONER!LOL"
07/13/2010 page 220
70.0% "This series blows my mind. I LOVE MATT, still an asshole extrordinaire."
07/14/2010 page 259
82.0% "*Sqeal* Love it, ao freaking happy right now, bloody tears in my eyes. Never would I have thought I would come to love this series so much. I bow down Jeff!"

Deanna How are you reading this?!?!?!?!!? I thought it wasn't out til August? I'm so beyond jealous that I'm going to have to invent a new word!

Leah Jeff said it would be out sooner than August Deanna. I'm searching for it now ;)

message 3: by DarienMoya (last edited Jul 12, 2010 07:26PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

DarienMoya LOL, I am gonna say this SO GOOD! Tell me the word i wanna hear it heheheh.

Deanna Darien wrote: "LOL, I am gonna say this SO GOOD! Tell me the word i wanna hear it heheheh."

girl boner?

DarienMoya LMAO, good word!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Great review!

DarienMoya Thanks UM!I am so sad this series is over, but the author says we will get to see them again. So I am really happy about that.

DarienMoya LOL, I wish, I loved it and in all fairness not for everyone, but definitely for me.

Leah Great review Darien. I'm going to reread PL3 and type of my review. I LOVED it. I think you have to read all 3 books though to fully appreciate Matt & Petey's relationship. And OMG I love all things Drew *super swoon*. I'm sad it's over too. :'( I wonder what else Jeff is working on though.

DarienMoya Thanks Leah! I know Drew is super sweet and I am in love with him a little. Yep you gotta read all the books to get a real appreciation for these wonderful boys.

Whatever Jeff is working on, is gonna be good. Haven't met a book by him I did not love.

message 11: by Buggy (new)

Buggy Awesome review D, glad there wasn't any pee drinking(holy shit, really!?)

DarienMoya Really, its D/s so.... only the first book had it though, i guesss the reception was bad so the author stayed clear of it.

message 13: by Buggy (new)

Buggy no pee drinking in the Roughriders book #5

message 14: by Buggy (new)

Buggy hee hee hee

message 15: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah There was urophagia in books 1 & 2 and at first I couldn't swallow it, pun intended, but when I thought about it in the context of TPE I got it. Bodily fluid exchange is a hard limit for me but I was besotted with Petey's level of submission/devotion. I could talk about this book for days...shutting up now.

message 16: by Jeff (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jeff Erno Wow! I'm flattered and honored. Thanks so much Darien. I've always known this series wouldn't be liked by everyone, but I was a bit surprised by the vitriol that was expressed in some of the negative Goodreads reviews. They just didn't get it, I think. But you did, and your words mean more to me than a thousand of such reviews.

I am tentatively planning to re-introduce some of the PL characters in a new series which will focus upon Ryan. Both Matt and Petey were novices, making their way through a myriad of confusing emotions. Matt got hung up on the power trip, and Petey struggled a lot with self esteem. It will be fun to write a different kind of D/s story in which a young sub character has an older, seasoned Master.

I'm honestly not sure if I can write a story like that without including golden showers/watersports. LOL! I'll see what I can come up with...perhaps 2 editions, one with pee and one without.

Right now I'm awaiting the release of Trust Me at Dreamspinner Publishing. Although it's not a D/s book, it does feature a sensitive, self-effacing, rather conservative young man and his bad-boy, rebel boyfriend. I think if you liked Matt and Petey, you will love Bobby and Shawn.

Thanks again... and thanks especially for all the sweet things you said about me. The review was great--very insightful and thorough, and I appreciate the time you spent preparing it.

message 17: by DarienMoya (last edited Jul 26, 2010 02:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

DarienMoya You are welcome Jeff, LOL I also couldn't swallow it hahahah, with the golden showers but I have to admit it works with Petey and Matt. I would say my fave scene in all the books is the mall scene, where Matt makes Petey pee himself. I realized at that point how much Matt loved his pup,plus it was super hot.( Gawd do i sound like a perve,hahah)

I am severely excited about Shawn and Bobby, I can't fuckin wait. Pish tosh to bad reviews, its one those series you cant take too seriously and you have to read it cus its pure fun and all kinds of awesome. Once again great work Jeff, it couldn't have been more prefect.

message 18: by Daisiemae (new)

Daisiemae Great review, Darien:)

Deanna Jeff I luuuuuurve your watersports scenes. I vote you keep writing them!

DarienMoya Thaks Dais!

Hahhah we know you luuuuuuuuurve them D!!!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Perfect Review!!!

DarienMoya Thanks Michele!!!

message 23: by Lydia (new) - added it

Lydia I'm glad I read your reviews. I'm about 70% done with the first book and didn't know if I could read the rest of the series. I'm not quiter so I'm going to finish this book and continue on. Thanks!