Molly's Reviews > David and Goliath

Jul 12, 2010

Recommended to Molly by: Glass Roads PR
Recommended for: everyone
Read in July, 2010 — I own a copy

I was a little iffy at reading this book at first. It felt as though it was too long when I sat down to read it. But once I opened it and got engrossed in this story, I really enjoyed it. The author wrote this story in a way that will both capture the reader (like it did me!) and get them thinking.

Almost from the beginning, the author uses humor to lighten what would be an otherwise strong story line. Through out the book, though, there is still some heartache and strong situations, as we see David Liberty as an older man whose body is failing him. But then we meet Joelle, the one person in David's life who can help him get a second chance at life. But David uses his guardian angel Joelle to tell Hathaway's readers about Satan and his awful desire to win & destroy the souls of God's children. Spiritual warfare at it's peak in Hathaway's first book in The Guardian Angel Chronicles. The fact that David gets a second chance at life only being able to use his actions and not his voice to show those he loves about God's love for them is a unique "second-chance" story. I felt David come to life to speak to me through his actions in this heart-felt story.

At the end, I am glad I changed my thoughts from iffy to this is a 4 star book that teaches us this: actions ARE louder than words, God's love is FOREVER and second chances can really happen. I recommend this book to all!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read David and Goliath.