Rickswan's Reviews > Mona Lisa Overdrive

Jul 11, 10

Recommended to Rickswan by: the Matrix: Reloaded
Recommended for: Sci-fi enthusiasts
read count: 1

At first I wasn't digging the writing style of Mr. Gibson. I had tried to read Neuromancer and some perverted bits conjoining with his scatterbrain form of writing turned me off. However, I had downloaded the coolest song from one of the best scenes in the Matrix: Reloaded entitled, "Mona Lisa Overdrive" by Juno Reactor. I thought it was a totally B.A. title, and upon looking up the title of the song on the internet one day, I discovered the title originated from this cyberpunk book. So basically, the entire reason I read this entire book was because of how cool the title was (so in a way, screw that whole saying about judging a book by its cover. I judged the book by its title, so that's kinda the same). Turns out the book is decent and once you get past oddness of the writing style, it becomes kind of hypnotic to read. By the end of the book it left me wondering if I should give Neuromancer another shot. It just goes to show you, some superficial things like names are important.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mona Lisa Overdrive.