Slavena's Reviews > Paradise

Paradise by Judith McNaught

Jul 12, 10

bookshelves: contemporary-romance
Read from July 11 to 12, 2010

I pushed myself to finish this book in 2days, it was huge in volume. I read it because it is Judith McNaught, she is unbelievably good at delivering heartbreakingly beautiful love stories. I absolutely love her historical romance novels but since I am through with those I decided to read everything by her out there. I have to say the romance story and the 2 characters I liked. I did not like it being a contemporary romance, first because I probably don’t like contemporary (though this is the first I ever read) and second they get outdated. Apart from the corporate BS the love story was endearing. I think though that Judith McNaught should have written more historicals.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paradise.

Quotes Slavena Liked

Judith McNaught
“Beside him a tiny elderly woman was leaning on a cane, studying him with curiosity. Since good manners seemed to require that he speak to her, Jon cast about for some sort of polite conversation pertinent to the occasion. “I hate funerals, don’t you?” He said.
“I rather like them,” she said smugly. “At my age, I regard each funeral I attend as a personal triumph, because I was not the guest of honor.”
Judith McNaught, Paradise

07/11/2010 page 343
48.0% "the corporate stuff is a tad boring to me but emotionally McNaught can not disapoint me:)"