Gretchen's Reviews > Talking with God: Divine Conversations That Transform Daily Life

Talking with God by Robert L. Millet

961931
Jul 19, 10

bookshelves: church, lds
Read from July 11 to 18, 2010

Prayer is something I have always felt like I needed to work on, something that I felt like maybe I wasn't making the most of in my life. So when I saw Robert L. Millet's latest book advertised, I knew I wanted to read it. I thought it would help me learn how I can make prayer more meaningful in my own life.

The book is very short and a fast read. The chapters are each fairly short as well. The chapters cover such topics as how we should prepare to pray, what we should say in our prayers, how to discern answers to prayers, using prayer in conjunction with fasting, etc. Millet does a nice job of using examples from his own life as well as examples from the scriptures and from Church history to illustrate his points. In the concluding chapter, he recaps the whole book with his 21 main points in the book.

I feel like this book was really helpful. Obviously I only just finished it so I haven't really applied any of the things discussed, but I think that just following some of his suggestions, like getting in the proper mindset and learning to follow the guidance of the Spirit when deciding what to pray for are good ones. Of course, this is nothing really new, but I think that Millet puts it in an accessible format for easy application to one's own life. I think I will probably refer back to this book again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Talking with God.