Susan's Reviews > On Mystic Lake

On Mystic Lake by Kristin Hannah

F_50x66
Jul 16, 10

Read from July 11 to 16, 2010

This is kind of like Katy Perry 'I Kissed A Girl'. I read a romance novel. Didn't even notice that big fat pink sticker until I had already passed the half way mark and realized there was no murder, no psychology, no mystery. I was lost in the woods of Washington State near Mt. Olympia with two lovers torn apart through the years reunited in a misty, fir tree setting on the back side of nowhere. OK, I'm beginning to love Washington State and Anne and Nick were high school sweethearts and her husband Blake was a jerk and her daughter Natalie knew the marriage was dead way long before the participants had a clue. No one else will read this - but I swear that baby at the end - he has to be Nick's. Also, Kristin Hannah really likes children who are vocally impaired. This is one of her earlier novels and having read her later works she has revved up plot lines and complexity of characters. OK, I really didn't want to put it down even after the big pink sticker. It was entertaining and I love to be entertained.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On Mystic Lake.