Bryan457's Reviews > The Blue Zones: Lessons for Living Longer From the People Who've Lived the Longest

The Blue Zones by Dan Buettner
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
252806
's review
Jul 10, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: health-longevity, non-fiction
Read in July, 2010

A book that explores 4 groups of people in the world who have an extremely long lifespan. It takes a look at the possible lifestyle factors that result in such long lifespans. The four people groups are: (1) on the island of Sardinia, (2) on the island of Okinawa, (3) in a province in Costa Rica, and in Loma Linda, California.

Genetics apparently is only 25% of the longevity picture. The other 75% is in the lifestyle.

This book was kind of slow (it reads like a National Geographic article). But each section ends with a handy summary of what they believe to be the reasons for these people's longevity.
flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Blue Zones.
Sign In »

No comments have been added yet.