Michelle's Reviews > Paul Is Undead: The British Zombie Invasion

Paul Is Undead by Alan Goldsher

Jul 19, 10

Read from July 11 to 18, 2010

This was my first Zombie book. Ever. I found it funny and charming at first, but I admit by the end the zombie stuff was getting old. I don't know if it was the fact that the Beatles were Zombies, or just the Zombie genre...but I don't think I could read too many zombie books. I found myself getting grossed out by the eating of brains, lol. This from a girl who lived on Stephen King through the 90's. He never did gross me out. But I digress. There was also an awful lot of sexual antics and details than I ever would have guessed, which was a bit strange to me.

The author was very thorough in creating the world of this book. There's a "history" and even rules that the story and characters have to abide by. I give him creativity points for that.

However, the book is not written in "novel" form. It's written as a series of anecdotal interviews, or snippets, from various characters. It was awkward at first but it made the telling of the story simpler.

Anyway...Beatles fans might find it hilarious. I did. And my favorite character in this book? Ringo!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paul Is Undead.

07/18/2010 page 248