Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}'s Reviews > When He Was Bad

When He Was Bad by Shelly Laurenston

I picked this one up purely for Shelly Laurenston's tale, Miss Congeniality -Irene's story whom we met in Go Fetch!. In some ways she can be compared to Miki in that book but she is different in one particular aspect: Irene is clinical, analytical and insanely logical in the way she approached everything, even sex!

Science is Irene Conridge's whole life and she has difficulty in understanding emotion and social interactions. She's very much like Dr. Temperance Brennan in the TV show, Bones. She doesn't actually like sex, until she's had it with the wonderful Niles Van Holtz, who ultimately turns her into a sex fiend!

Again, this was a brilliant story from Laurenston who's incredibly talented in making me laugh long and hard at her characters and their predicaments. I highly recommend her books to everyone who needs a good chuckle and a decent storyline.

As for Eden's short story, it was good enough but largely forgettable. I felt sympathy for Cain considering his past rejection due to his "beastly" nature and was happy he found peace with his new neighbour after hunting and destroying her serial killing vampire date from hell.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When He Was Bad.