Ren's Reviews > Magic Slays

Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews

May 01, 15

bookshelves: own-paperback, giveaway-blogger
Read from March 20 to May 02, 2015

My... I feel bad that it's need almost 2 months to finish read Magic Slays :S. But, yeah, RL intervened, I'm enraptured by games I play (glare to games) and somehow I enter reading slump phase :/

Anyway, Kate rocks like usual and I like that her relationship with Curran is slowly established now and become solid day by day. I just think that their time together somehow too short for my taste, but the scene is memorable. I just don't give Slays 5* because I think Kate is too much having angst. I think the emotional baggage that Kate carry is larger and complicated compared to the previous books.

I love that, again, Andrews bring so many myth in Kate's world. Now, it's time for Russian myth (which is Ilona's birthplace) to take a place and reader will get more insight to the People. Kate's nemesis (and her dad) Roland not appear but he mentioned often. Duo Andrews also put some meaningful opinion and I think its connected with our condition right now. They show that when people have so much rage, they need something to blame. And that rage will turn into hatred, make them fanatic and destroy everything that stand in their path. Boy, sounds familiar?

Kate Daniels series is still my favorite and I will read the next book asap. If I'm not distracted with my games and other books ofc :v
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic Slays.

03/19 marked as: currently-reading
03/19 page 2
0.0% "Hi Kate, Hi Curran, hi folks, long time no see..."
05/01 marked as: read