Eleni ( La Femme Readers )'s Reviews > Stalker Girl

Stalker Girl by Rosemary Graham

Jul 16, 10

Read from July 10 to 13, 2010

Stalker Girl introduced a thrilling and exciting new approach to stalking. Usually, it's the ex boyfriend stalking his infatuation, but this time Rosemary switched the roles. Carla ended up stalking her ex boyfriend's new girl. Being that it was written in third person, it did unfortunately take me longer to connect with Carla. I tend to gravitate towards first person point of views because it helps me understand the character better. Moving on, Carla was a typical teenager who found herself in family drama and relationship issues. At first, her bond with Brian seemed perfect but, as time went on things changed. I sympathized with Carla, I admit I once or twice in my life experienced jealousy and had the urge to act on my psychotic thoughts. However, Carla decided to handle her loss on a different level.

The novel opened up with her sudden, uncontrollable fascination with following Brian's girlfriend. I didn't understand why Carla was acting this way until Rosemary flashed back to the time when Brian was her boyfriend. I liked the fact that I got to see Carla's reasoning behind her stalkerish actions. I don't necessarily agree that it was the right thing to do. In spite of that, sometimes love and unanswered questions can make a person react irrational. In my opinion, I feel the flashback took up too much of the book instead of the "stalking" aspect. But, I did enjoy how the novel wrapped up in the end. Overall, it was an addictive story filled with real teenage issues on broken families and relationships. I look forward to seeing what Rosemary cooks up next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stalker Girl.