Brian's Reviews > Big Bosoms and Square Jaws: The Biography of Russ Meyer, King of the Sex Film

Big Bosoms and Square Jaws by Jimmy McDonough

Mar 29, 08

Recommended for: any Russ Meyer fan
Read in March, 2008

Wow. I'm blown away. In the end of reading this biography, you both hate and love Russ Meyer equally, which I'm sure is the reaction Russ would have wanted. I love Russ Meyer for his works, but as a person you come to find out he's a tyrant. A control freak, a prick, jealous all the time making sure his movie set had "no challengers" to his rule, obsessive/compulsive as he got older, this 400-page biography is filled with crazy stories and crazy drama. The guy was a grenade going off all the time.

The ironic part of it is how he becomes in the last years of his life a character in his movies: the weak impotent bastard being taken advantage by controlling/violent women. And his childhood explains ALOT on how he became the man he is now known as. Great biography.

And I hate, hate HATE how his movies are still expensive as hell, even on Ebay. Damn you money grubbing motherfuckers. I won't buy them until you bring the price down to something feasible!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Big Bosoms and Square Jaws.

message 1: by Eric (new)

Eric Eidelbach Terrible book, based on hearsay and gossip. All of Jimmy McDonough's books are basically the same. Don't waste your time.

message 2: by Real (new)

Real Eric This is the REAL Eric Eidelbach, the above review is a fake posted by Julio Dottavio of RM Films. The above book paints an unflattering picture of Mr. Dottavio, who apparently has a grudge against myself as well for having the "audacity" to criticize his handling of the Meyer film library on DVD. Utter nonsense. I also heartily recommend McDonough's bio of Andy Milligan (The Ghastly One) as well.