Rubie~'s Reviews > Succubus on Top

3192911
Jul 10, 10

bookshelves: series, fantasy
Read in July, 2010

Not nearly as good as Succubus Blues but most of the things I liked about the first book is in this one too, just in more moderate servings.

Georgina is still witty and fierce, but not as much as I would have liked.
Carter, Jerome, the Vampires and Hugh are there too but are largely shadowed by the introduction of the incubus, Bastien, a character that was very inconsistent in my opinion. He kinda ruined the book for me. He had wild mood swings but not in a hot temperamental way, instead he came off as whiny, self-centered and not even all that great in bed. And THAT is a definite incubus no-no.
Seth however.... was as amazing as ever. No, he was even BETTER. He was shy, fiercely loving, protective, awkward in his cute little way and just... perfect with all his imperfections. That is a convolted sentence but is still in my opinion the best way to describe it.

The very last chapter (or should I say last few pages) nearly made me rate this a four... I guess that's just what happens when you give this book to a hormone filled teenage girl. You have to read it to find out what i mean ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Succubus on Top.