Melissa Wehunt's Reviews > Wondrous Strange

Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston

I loved this book! Or shall I say, "I love thee!" **Swoon** Wondrous Strange is a wonderful blend of faerie lore and shakespeare (which, if you know me, is not something I usually enjoy...), and of course, a good dose of romance. There is something about the way that Livingston blended the two together that really just got me. So far Melissa Marr's Faerie series Wicked Lovely has always been my hands down favorite...but this series just might give her some stiff competition!!

As the story begins, we meet Kelley, a struggling actress who is playing the faerie Queen in A Midsummer Night's Dream by Shakespear in nonother than a good ole New York City play. Kelley doesn't believe in real faeries unless you are talking about the kind that spout Shakespear. :)

Sonney, the handsome 'changling' love interest is human, but has been raised by the 'real deal' in Faerie. Most Changlings (human babies stolen out of their cribs at birth) remain in Faerie for their lives, with the exception of a few who serve as the Unseelie King's (those of you who have read any Faerie books know there are two types of Faerie--Seelie and Unseelie) "henchmen"...so to speak. Their job is to fight off any rouge faeries who attempt to cross the border from Faerie into the human world. Why you ask? Because some years ago the Unseelie Kings daughter was stolen out of Faerie from a human women...ahhh, justice is served eh? Well, he King go mad and closed the 'gates' so to speak.

I'm not going to go any further because that would give away much of the plot, but needless to say, that Kelley and Sonny's life become 'intimately' intertwined...and not just in the lovey dovey sense. Let's just say, I'd be Sonny's 'firecracker' anyday! lol. jk. You'll just have to read it to find out what happens!!! As for me, I'm catching up to book 2 this week hopefully. Then, book 3 is out soon I think! Woot!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wondrous Strange.

12/29/2010 page 113
34.0% "So far so good! I'm loving the story...i'm itching for Sonny and Kelley to get smoochy!"