Anne Osterlund's Reviews > Princess of the Midnight Ball

Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George

Jul 13, 10

Read from July 09 to 13, 2010

Galen is a soldier, who knits his own socks, has lost his entire family in the Analousian War, and has survived to begin a new life. He follows the tales of his dead mother to find her living sister. And his uncle, who happens to be the head gardener for the king. Thus Galen becomes an undergardener.

And privy to the most dramatic mystery in the kingdom.

For no one, especially the daughters of the king, can tell where they disappear each night. And why their slippers are always worn through. And why even when they are grievously ill, they are compelled to dance.

Jessica Day George’s rendering of the fairy tale, The Twelve Dancing Princesses, is smooth and romantic and a sheer pleasure to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Princess of the Midnight Ball.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jackie I love that book!

Amanda She is one of my favorite authors!

Kelly Aley I've been wanting to read this, but our library doesn't have it and I'm too cheap to buy an untried author (for me.). I'd love to read your review.

Alex This is one of my favorite books! It's soo good, a real heartwarming story. I recently read the newest installment and it was just as good. I would reccomend it to anyone, glad you are reading it! :)

Karen Keyte I absolutely love Jessica Day George.

message 6: by Ally (new) - added it

Ally S i loved this book!

Whitney read it in a day. i couldn't put it down!!

Maryam Mubeen yeah! his book is really good. It has a sequel too. Recently came out with the name: Princess of glass. Poppy, one of the twins is the lead character.

message 9: by Ken (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ken i have the book. i read it in a hour and bought it the next day i love reading jessica day george. i have all of her books.if you like this then read dragon slippers which is her first book.

Whitney I'm waiting for my library to get it, but i might just breakdown and buy it anyway!! since i absolutely LOVE cinderella retellings!

message 11: by P.Q. (new) - added it

P.Q. Glisson Hey Anne, thanks for the rec! Looks great!

message 12: by Lori (new) - added it

Lori Thank you for the recommendation Anne. I have add it to my tbr list and will be reading it, hopefully soon.

Caitlin your description was, for me, much more compelling than the original description. I think I'll have to check this out..