Andrea's Reviews > Salvaged

Jul 09, 2010

liked it
Read from July 11 to 12, 2010

2.5 out of 5 rating

Ugh. Okay, I know that I am in the minority in my feelings of this book. But, if I was the type of person to put a book down, I would have done so with this book. While I don't mind there being religious aspects in a book, I don't like it to be thrown in my face on every other page. And I feel this book did just that. There was so much talk of what God/Jesus wanted for Riley and Attie, and the whole Jesus being in jeans in a tshirt talking one-on-one with Attie and her talking back was just too much.

The plotline was good. I liked Attie's growth. It seemed like how a real teenager dealing with what she went through would be like.

And the characters were just okay too. I liked Attie. I felt for her and felt sympathetic for her. But I couldn't decide how I felt about Riley. Sometimes I kept thinking "aww, so sweet" but then other times I kept thinking "blah, too soft." I did really like Attie's friends thought--Anne and Tess and Tammy. They seemed real and sweet.

I dunno. This book just turned me off. I found myself rolling my eyes through a lot of it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Salvaged.

Stefne Miller Thanks for pushing through and taking the time to read and review the book, even though it wasn't to your liking. I appreciate all feedback - whether positive or negative. I believe it will only help me as a writer and if nothing else, help toughen me up a little!!! LOL!
Thanks again!