Torre's Reviews > New Moon

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read New Moon.

Quotes Torre Liked

Stephenie Meyer
“The bond forged between us was not one that could be broken by absence, distance, or time. And no matter how much more special or beautiful or brilliant or perfect than me he might be, he was as irreversibly altered as I was. As I would always belong to him, so would he always be mine.”

Stephenie Meyer
“What happens when you lose your heart's desire?”

Stephenie Meyer
“After all the thousand times I’ve told you I love you, how could you let one word break your faith in me?...I could see it in your eyes, that you honestly believed that I didn’t want you anymore. The most absurd, ridiculous concept—as if there were any way that I could exist without needing you!”

Stephenie Meyer
“love gave someone the power to break you.
I'd been broken beyond repair.”

Stephenie Meyer
“Do you think I’ll ever get better at this? That my heart might someday stop trying to jump out of my chest whenever you touch me?”

Stephenie Meyer
“I honestly have no idea how to live without you.”

Stephenie Meyer
“Only you could be more important than what I wanted...what I needed. What I want and what I need is to be with you, and I know I'll never be strong enough to leave again.”

Stephenie Meyer
“When you can’t be with the one you love, will you stay with the one who loves you?”

Stephenie Meyer
“You’re not asleep, and you’re not dead. I’m here, and I love you. I have always loved you, and I will always love you. I was thinking of you, seeing your face in my mind, every second that I was away. When I told you that I didn’t want you, it was the very blackest kind of blasphemy.”

Stephenie Meyer
“Love is irrational, I reminded myself. The more you loved someone, the less sense anything made.”
tags: love

Stephenie Meyer
“I promise that this will be the last time you’ll see me. I won’t come back. I won’t put you through anything like this again. You can go on with your life without any more interference from me. It will be as if I’d never existed.”

Stephenie Meyer
“She just keeps saying "He’s gone.”

Stephenie Meyer
“Sometimes you have to learn to love what's good for you.”
tags: love

Stephenie Meyer
“Romeo wouldn’t change his mind. That’s why people still remembered his name, always twined with hers”

Stephenie Meyer
“Sometimes I’m afraid that I’m losing myself.”

Stephenie Meyer
“I lied, and I'm so sorry—sorry because I hurt you, sorry because it was a worthless effort. Sorry that I couldn't protect you from what I am. I lied to save you, and it didn't work. I'm sorry.
But how could you believe me? After all the thousand times I've told you I love you, how could you let one word break your faith in me?”
I didn't answer. I was too shocked to form a rational response.
“I could see it in your eyes, that you honestly believed that I didn't want you anymore. The most absurd, ridiculous concept—as if there were any way that I could exist without needing you!”

Stephenie Meyer
“I wondered how long it could last. Maybe someday, years from now.If the pain would decrease to the point where I could bear it.I would be able to look back on those few short months that would always be the best of my life.”
tags: pain

Stephenie Meyer
“I felt like I was trapped in one of those terrifying nightmares, the one where you have to run, run till your lungs burst, but you can't make your body move fast enough... But this was no dream, and, unlike the nightmare, I wasn't running for my life: I was racing to save something infinitely more precious. My own life meant little to me today.”

Stephenie Meyer
“Time passes. Even when it seems impossible. Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.”

Stephenie Meyer
“After all, how many ways can one heart be mangled and still be expected to keep beating?”