Rrshively's Reviews > The Foundling

The Foundling by Georgette Heyer

Jul 09, 10

Read in July, 2010

Before there was Danielle Steele, Nora Roberts, Victoria Holt, or even Barbara Cartland there was Georgette Heyer. She is one of the best romance writers I've encountered even though her first novel was published in 1921. I don't read many romance novels, but I could read one of hers tomorrow.

The Goodreads summation of the story is very good. For those of you who, like me, think the idle rich must have lived very boring lives in Regency times, Duke Sali seems to agree when he breaks free from the constrictions he has been living under. Although this book comes under the category of a romance, it is much more the story of what happens when an innocent but determined young man meets with big challenges. The romance part of this novel makes much more sense than in most romance novels and is very cleverly portrayed.

If you have any desire to read a Regency romance novel, this is the one to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Foundling.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Becky (new)

Becky That's one of my sister's favorite romance authors, and she got my sister-in-law and niece started on her, too.

Rrshively I think I'll recommend Georgette Heyer to my sister-in-law, too. She likes romance novels much more than I do. If you can understand the difference, I generally like good novels with romance in them.

message 3: by Becky (new)

Becky I understand the difference. That sounds like me, too.