Valerie's Reviews > Perfectly Dateless

Perfectly Dateless by Kristin Billerbeck

Jul 12, 2010

bookshelves: 2010, for-book-reviews
Read from July 09 to 12, 2010

When I first picked up Perfectly Dateless, I was sure I wouldn't enjoy it because I thought it was just for teenagers. I was wrong. I thoroughly enjoyed Kristin Billerbeck's newest book. Over dessert a couple times, I read excerpts to my family and everyone laughed and cringed where appropriate.

The funny thing about this book for me is that I experienced it from both angles; the daughter ashamed of her conservative parents and the mother lecturing her daughters on responsibility, purity, being different,... I've experienced both sides. I am still experiencing the nerd-mother side. I am that nerd mother.

With a diary entry the first thing I read in the book, I thought "This is going to be such a silly read." It was not. It is really good; a quick and entertaining read. How often do you find a book that the mother and the daughters are willing to read? This is THAT book.

I thought it ended a little too perfectly, but that's not a bad message to send to our girls occasionally, is it? Idealism isn't always a bad thing.

I'm looking forward to my daughters reading it next.

My copy of Perfectly Dateless was provided by Baker Publication and Graf-Martin Communications. It's now available from your favorite bookseller of Revell books, a division of Baker Publishing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Perfectly Dateless.