Shawna's Reviews > The Best Laid Plans

The Best Laid Plans by Sarah Mayberry

4 ½ stars – Contemporary Romance

Sarah Mayberry is my favorite category contemporary romance author, and I’m continually impressed by the genuine character development and emotional depth she’s able to convey in her stories. The Best Laid Plans is a great ‘friends to lovers’ tale between a career woman who yearns for a child and is afraid her time has nearly run out and her lawyer co-worker whose playboy commitment phobic ways masks underlying hurt, insecurity, and fear resulting from a painful divorce. The story’s emotional intensity and drama is realistic, and the characters issues and reactions are portrayed honestly. It’s a moving story that will make you think.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Best Laid Plans.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Manda Collins Great review, Shawna. I really enjoyed this one, too. And I loved the interaction between the hero and his brother. Just good characterization all around.

Shawna Thanks, Manda! She's such a great author.

message 3: by Lacy (new) - added it

Lacy Looks like I need to check this one out. Lovely review.

Shawna Thanks, Lacy! *hugs*

Maldivianbookreviewer Sarah Mayberry is one of the best Harlequin authors out there. Definitely loved this one :)

Shawna Thanks, Danielle! *hugs to you, too* I wish I could bring this for ya'll to borrow, but I have it on my Kindle. Maybe some day Kindle will add a lending feature!

Thanks, Maldivian! I agree she's one of the best.

Here are my favorites of hers:

She's Got It Bad
Anything for You
Below the Belt
Home for the Holidays

Maldivianbookreviewer I have read all that you have mentioned except Below the belt which I have in my TBR pile. Thinking of bumping it up a bit! Hehe because SM has never let me down yet! :)