Cab's Reviews > Huntress

Huntress by Malinda Lo

U_50x66
May 29, 11

bookshelves: glbt, sci-fi, romance, e-books, fairytales
Read in April, 2011

Nature is out of balance, after a difficult winter spring is showing no signs of appearing and the sun has not shown in months. In addition, there are rumors of strange and hostile creatures appearing throughout the country. If nature is not put back in balance the world may be destroyed.

The two heroines; Kaede and Taisin are called upon to travel to Taninli, the home of the Fairy Queen in an effort to bring the crisis to an end. To solve the crisis, the oracle stones are cast, and Kaede and Taisin, two seventeen-year-old girls, are picked to go on a dangerous and unheard-of journey to Tanlili, the city of the Fairy Queen.

As the girls travel to Taninli they are confronted by a series of other-worldly dangers and are forced to rely on each other to survive the attacks. During this time we see how they as individuals grow and how their relationship changes.

This was a very good read. I enjoy the author’s writing style and the character development. I read a review where someone stated that they could not get invested in the characters themselves but I would have to disagree with that statement. We get to see Kaede and Taisin grow emotionally and although things may not end exactly as the reader might want the story is good and the characters are well written. Personally I’d like to find out what has happened to the characters five years from the end of this story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Huntress.