Eric Steere's Reviews > Naked Lunch

Naked Lunch by William S. Burroughs

Aug 31, 12

bookshelves: to-read

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Naked Lunch.

07/08/2010 page 45
01/17/2011 page 45
15.0% "maybe later...."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (new)

James Schneider I'm looking forward to your comments once you've pushed through Naked Lunch. I've not read it in ages, and when I did, I read it in tandem with DeLillo's White Noise, and while I got more out of DeLillo on that first past, I feel like maybe my mind is more limber now, that I may be ready to dive into Naked Lunch rather than craving more of that standard beat style I was accustomed to in Junkie.

message 2: by Eric (new) - added it

Eric Steere James wrote: "I'm looking forward to your comments once you've pushed through Naked Lunch. I've not read it in ages, and when I did, I read it in tandem with DeLillo's White Noise, and while I got more out of De..."
I think i'll give this one a go this summer, so look forward to some sort of sound off! i've been enjoying your updates james, keep em coming.

message 3: by Eric (new) - added it

Eric Steere finally back at it! shiza that was a while ago eh james?! i think i'm writing him into my thesis, used his other writings non-fictions to interrogate the analysis of language and discourse. Interestingly, Interzone is supposedly based on Tangier (International Zone of...) where he lived at the same time as Bowles. THe Marrakech Express lauded them in the 60s.

message 4: by James (new)

James Schneider The recursion makes me dizzy.