Slavena's Reviews > Dragonfly in Amber

Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon

Jul 26, 2010

bookshelves: historical-romance, time-travel, amazing-aubiobook, audiobook
Read from July 08 to 26, 2010

After 3 long weeks of listening to this book (its about 40 hours in length) I finally finished it. I loved the first installment Outlander and its probably partly due to the fact that I got it on Audible and the narration was great. I highly recommend you to listen to it. Davina Porter does an awesome job with the Scottish voices.

I cant go into detail of this second book because there is just so much going on. If you like emotional rollercoasters this is totally the book for you. There is so much heartbreak I almost couldn’t go on listening at some parts.
In this second installment there is very few times of joy for our main characters, revealing and reliving more of the past between Jamie and Cat. Randall, Clair’s difficult pregnancy, murder attempts, rape and near rape, it’s a lot to swallow. I have to say that I was enchanted by most of the storytelling and couldn’t wait to see what will happen next and at the end I was left with mixed feeling about it all because the book ended with “to be continued…” sign. There was no resolution and a lot of heartache. I will be getting the next in line because I want Clair and Jamie to be together and book 2 didn’t deliver much happy times for them both

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragonfly in Amber.

07/12/2010 "I reached a part where she is tasting a patient's urine, that's just wrong yuckk"
07/15/2010
35.0% "Is there rape in each book? I am not sure I can stomach that regardless how realistic it is for 18th sentury"