Sandie's Reviews > The House Without A Christmas Tree

The House Without A Christmas Tree by Gail Rock

Jul 12, 10

Read from July 08 to 11, 2010, read count: 1

I really enjoy Gail Rock's writing style. I read The Thanksgiving Treasure when I was a child and really loved it and have read it many times even as an adult. I was at the library here recently and came across this book. I was so surprised, I never realized this writer had other books! Having enjoyed the one so much, I had to check this one out and see if it was as good. It was, all the same characters and the same town, it was wonderful!! Kind of like a little family reunion!!

Its a small book, read very quickly. The writing moves along so smoothly, before you know it the story is over. I love the prologue and epilogue, they completely add to the story and bring the characters to life even more.

I am looking forward to reading this book out loud with my daughter when she is a bit older, a really sweet Christmas story.

I have only read the two Addie books so far but in both you seem to get a bit of a life lesson as well as a wonderful story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The House Without A Christmas Tree.