Nafiza's Reviews > The Iron Witch

The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney

Sep 18, 11

bookshelves: debut-authors-11, 2011
Read from August 21 to 22, 2011

I'm tired of writing reviews in the conventional sense so I'll just write my thoughts as I read:

"Hm. Oh. Interesting."
"Hah. Strange new guy. Well then. Why am I not surprised?"
"Of course. The Indian kid next door is the best friend. What is it with these Caucasian authors having guys of different races be the best friend but never the boyfriend?"
"Ooo, fairies. Time to complicate things a bit more?"
"I guess not."
"So right, you are so worried about your best friend but you are entirely unaware that he was kidnapped for the last I don't know how many days?"
"Right. Elixir of life/immortality."
"Finally, some action!"
"Whut? It's over? What?"

Yeah. The book started off strong, flailed and then deflated like a balloon after being rejected at a birthday party of a two year old. Skip it. There are better books out there.
9 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Witch.

08/21/2011 page 135
47.0% "It's one of those books. :\"
08/21/2011 page 145
50.0% "Save me from heroines who don't eat and tremble with fear and overuse ellipses."

message 1: by Angelique (new)

Angelique Thank you for letting us know about this! Good thing you read so fast - saves all of us, who are reading slow, the experience to find out what you already know :)

Nafiza I'm glad my review helped. The cover made me think the book would be totally awesome. :\

message 3: by Angelique (new)

Angelique I know what you mean - I thought the Poison Diaries would be awesome as well...
Question: How do you get a hand on all these books? You don't buy them all, so is there a great library in your town or how do you do it? (The thing is, I am double-disappointed about such books because most of the time I have to buy them to be able to read them... but that's Germany!)

Nafiza I am a member of three different libraries. And I live in a place where books are readily available (libraries here are really awesome). I feel your pain though. When I lived in Fiji, there was one library and you could only take out two books at a time. And I actually bought this book so it was doubly disappointing for me as well.