AJ Best's Reviews > Heat in the Outback

Heat in the Outback by Suzanne Brandyn

Jul 08, 10

bookshelves: review
Read in July, 2010

Well damn, I'm ticked! Suzanne Brandyn has just ticked me off. How can she make two characters that are so hard-headed? Why did she make me yell at them over and over to just pull their heads out of their butts?

"Just love each other! Quit being so hard-headed. Can't you tell that it wasn't like that?" **sigh**

And then to top it all off, they can't hear me yelling at them! Who would have thunk it?

OK, now for the 'real' review. Yes, I am mad about the fact that the characters were so hard headed and could have been happier had they just taken the time to hear what the other had to say. But what I didn't tell you is if I can't get into a book where I can be mad, can feel anything at all in the book, it really doesn't matter as much to me.

Suzanne's writing made me FEEL the characters, they were my friends. I wanted the best for them page after page. They were real to me, and I wanted them to be happy. It takes a talented author to touch the hearts of their readers with the characters, and to keep them engaged in the story from page one. Suzanne has certainly done this and more.

Kudos Ms. Brandyn for the release of this book, and I look forward to many more by you in the future.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heat in the Outback.