Minh's Reviews > Talk of the Ton

Talk of the Ton by Eloisa James

Jul 08, 10

bookshelves: romance
Read in August, 2007

I'll be honest and say I only picked up this book because of Eloisa James. While the big name stories were somewhat fun to read the third story caused me almost physical pain while reading it, hence the terrible rating.

Eloisa James used the old betrothed from childhood tale, I enjoyed the flirtation between the couple but had to skip all and any mentions of their more amorous events.

Julia London's story of a Vicar's widow and the eligible bachelor pursuing her was probably my favourite of the four. It featured the ever fun 'bitchy side girl who gets her comeuppance'.

Rebecca Hagan Lee wrote a terrible story. I disliked the characters, the setting, the plot, everything! And the ultimate sin, the confession of love after 1 day of meeting each other -_-. I think this summary is more than enough to show the reasoning for my distain, 'Lady India Burton has just returned from years of captivity in a sultan's harem, her reputation in ruins. But she proves a seductive challenge to a staunchly single member of the Free Fellows League...'

Jacqueline Navin's concerned a young wallflower always outshone by her vivacious (bratty) cousin. When a distant cousin comes to stay with them she is dismayed to find herself the center of his attention. Cute and unsurprising.

All together, not a book I would recommend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Talk of the Ton.