Minh's Reviews > The Well of Lost Plots

The Well of Lost Plots by Jasper Fforde

Jul 08, 10

bookshelves: speculativefiction
Read in July, 2007

Fast forwarding on a little from the events of book 2, we now find Thursday on vacation as part of the Character Exchange Program, in a little read novel in the Well of Lost Plots. As per usual Landon is still eradicated and Archeron's sister is making things worse by erasing Thursday's memories of him.

To be honest I was more than a little lost reading the novel, there were so many sub-plots going on at once that when I put it all together it seems a bit of a mess, but a fun one! I'd actually put the novel at closer to 3.5 stars.

The novel appealed to my geek mind as a large chunk of the plot was concerned with the upgrading of the entire book system from BOOK 8.3 to BOOK 9.0 (UltraWord). I like upgrades, or rather I do when I'm not involved with the roll out. Involved with 9.0 is a nefarious plan to increase the sales of books by restricting the number of times a book may be read (3), much in the ways of DRM nowadays.

A lot of fun, but a series which needs a closer read than I gave it, I probably missed a lot of the jokes in my speed read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Well of Lost Plots.