Minh's Reviews > Hell to Pay

Hell to Pay by Simon R. Green

Jul 08, 10

bookshelves: mystery, paranormal
Read in July, 2007

While it's always great to read a new novel in a loved series, I couldn't help but feel let down by the latest edition which seemed to bring the pace down a notch or so.

After the epic battle of book 6, it's a little surprising to see book 7 out. I started reading the series after reading that book 7 had come out, to the surprise of a few fans as the series could have ended comfortably on book 6. I understand what they were saying now and half wish myself that book 7... hadn't come out.

Book 7 continues on from the events of 6 as almost though nothing had happened. John is once entrenched in a case, this time to find a missing grandchild of an immortal bloodline, with his abilities blocked by a mysterious force within the house John does his sleuthing the old fashioned way, one suspect at a time.

Simon Green never pulls his punches and brings us back to the roots of the series with an enjoyable installment that could fit nicely just after the first few novels, the only problem is, after 6 books it seems a bit of let down to be back where we started.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hell to Pay.