Gemma's Reviews > Bound by Honor: An Erotic Novel of Maid Marian

Bound by Honor by Colette Gale

Jan 28, 11

bookshelves: erotica, 5-star-reads
Recommended for: Anyone who likes a smoking hot read!
Read from January 23 to 27, 2011 — I own a copy

Woah, what can I say about this book?

This was one of the most enjoyable reads I've had, in more ways than one.

I've always had a soft spot for the Robin Hood story and I've always lusted after Richard Armitige (The Sherriff in The BBC version of Robin Hood), so the fact that the author states that he is her insperation made me want to read it more.

And boy did I love it. Without spoiling it, this was Robin Hood "The Tudors style" Yes there are a few inacuracies with regards to a few minor things, but who cares. This was a smoking hot read with a really intresting and unique twist on the tale.

It poses some very good questions and one scene in particular had me questioning the Sherriffs actions. Another reviewer (I can't remember where it was posted) had commented how the Sherriffs character seemed to change and carry out a one eighty. I could see the whys and how there is a build up to this shift.

There are two scenes in this book that are really out of my usual comfort zone, but I couldn't help but reach for a fan afterwards. Both involved Marian and another woman. I am not really into this, but there was something about the way the author wrote them that didn't make them scene over gratoutious or there for shock value. I never felt uncomforable and admit to skipping back to reread one again. (That to me means its well written)

I am now torturing myself over ordering Master, which appears to have higher marks than this one. We will see!!!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bound by Honor.

01/23/2011 page 142
40.0% "Ok started to read this cos From Dead to Worse just didn't have enough smuttiness in it and I needed some smut. SO far I keep seeing Richar Armitage and I just melt....."
01/25/2011 page 201
57.0% "Ok, I'm REALLY not into F/F stuff but that scene with the living status was something else!!!!8l"
01/27/2011 page 325
92.0% "Whoah! That scene at the banquet with the princes surprise!! So needed a cold shower!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Buggy (new)

Buggy Fantastic review Gem, this has me intrigued