Angela's Reviews > Personal Demons

bookshelves: demons, angels, teen
Recommended to Angela by: GoodReads
Recommended for: fans of Twilight
Read from October 27 to 31, 2010, read count: 1

I just received an advance reading copy through goodreads!! I am excited to start reading, but I need to finish a couple other books, but then I am reading this. :-)

I finished reading this book while on vacation in Texas...it was an enjoyable story told through the eyes of Frannie (a human with power) and Luc (a demon sent to claim her for Hell) -- Gabe (an angel sent to claim her for Heaven) is also a big character, but kind of in the background. I can't say that Desrochers is the writer of the century, her writing is still a little weak, and I think the stuff from Luc's view should have sounded older, although she did have the jaded side down -- and who am I to say how a demon should sound? maybe she nailed it.

On a side note, on page 19, our author was able to nail the difficulty of how do you pronounce a characters name (as Luc is short for Lucifer...is it Luke? or Luse? or ??) --
"He raises an eyebrow, slides my pen out from between my fingers, crosses out "Luke" and writes "Luc" above it" -- ahhhh, and now we know that Frannie heard "Luke" when he introduced himself, so -- yeah. I really thought that was just brilliant, fit right into the story.

I passed the book on to a friend who lives in Houston and is as addicted to books as I am...maybe even more so.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Personal Demons.