Jennifer Burns- Our Book Boyfriends's Reviews > Run for Your Life

Run for Your Life by James Patterson

Jul 09, 10

Read from July 07 to 09, 2010

I read this book for our diet office book club at my work. I am not really a fan of James Patterson's writing, but he can tell an okay story. I would almost give this novel a 2.5/5.

I shouldn't have admitted to my co-worker that I can identify with the murderer. She gave me the strangest look.

I couldn't really connect with Bennett. I didn't believe that he loved his children. It seemed like he was just going through the motions. And, even if Bennett inherited a multi-million dollar apartment, would he be able to support his large family and pay taxes on the place with a detective's salary?

It was suspenseful near the beginning, but the ending was not my cup of tea. I think that Patterson played the 9/11 terrorist attack card and failed.

To each their own. James Patterson has a big readership and dozens of novels, so someone really enjoys his writing.

(Sometimes, I roll my eyes at negative reviews because I think they are being petty. Why waste so much energy on being negative? Now I find myself doing just that. Ce'st la vie.)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Run for Your Life.