Larissa's Reviews > Alien Tango

Jul 07, 2010

bookshelves: to-review

Previously Published on my blog: Welcome to Larissa's Bookish Life

*contain spoilers if you haven’t read Touched by an Alien

I fell utterly and absolutely in love with the world and characters that Gini Koch has created after I read Touched by an Alien. Ever since then I have been obsessed and have been drinking in each and every news about this series I could get, being it the new covers (which are AMAZING!) to the fact that Gini has actually signed a contract for a total of SIX BOOKS in the series so far.

However, I was a bit apprehensive, because of my huge expectations for this sequel and I was scared of being disappointed. I finished Alien Tango a few minutes ago and now I can positively say that I not only wasn’t disappointed, but, dare I say it, Alien Tango was even better than Touched by an Alien! I know it’s blasphemy, but bare with me. Touched by an Alien was incredible, but in Alien Tango I already knew most of the characters and it was easier to just get lost in their adventures and wackiness.

Alien Tango picks up about 5 months after the events in Touched by an Alien. Kitty is now the head of the Airborne division and part of the Alpha team. She and Martini have been dealing with the Superbeing threat all over the globe, but there seem to be less and less attacks for them to worry about. No worries there, no way things will be this easy for them, now we get a more human threat and this one is quite nasty.

Martini was just as lovable, sweet and hot as ever; but he and Kitty do run into some problems, relationship wise. I mean, it’s not easy to meet your boyfriend’s family when they come from a race that mostly doesn’t believe in interracial relationships. But this is where we can see how amazing these books are; Kitty doesn’t take ANYTHING laying down and always speaks her mind. She is by far one of the most amazing and kick-ass heroines I have ever read! I want to be her when i grow up =)

Alien Tango has everything I loved about Touched by an Alien and more! Fast paced story, tons of action and romance. Not to mention a lot of laugh out loud moments and some of the creepiest villains ever. I devoured and loved every second of it and I could not put it down for even a moment! So much goes on that half way through the book I felt like we had gone through a whole novel and I was happy to see I still had tons of more to read. I still wanted more in the end, I can never get enough Martini, Kitty and company, EVER!

Touched by an Alien was one of my favorite reads of 2010 and has definitely made its way into my favorite reads ever. Alien Tango is right up there and Gini Koch has become an absolute automatic buy for me! If you have yet to read this series, I have no idea what’s wrong with you! If you are a fan of Touched by an Alien, you will LOVE this one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alien Tango.

11/15/2010 page 138