Loren's Reviews > The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters, Volume Two

The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters, Volume Two by Gordon Dahlquist

Jul 21, 10

Read from July 07 to 18, 2010

You know how some episodes of Dr. Who seem to consist mostly of the characters running through dark hallways? This entire book is composed of the three main characters running blindly through the hallways and tunnels of Harschmont House. There's so much running around that there's barely time for character development.

I made it all the way through the book, but after 1000-some pages, I am inclined to leave the series at this point, with something that passes for a happy ending. That disappointments me, but I don't know if I can stand to follow the characters through another half-glimpsed chase.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters, Volume Two.

07/07/2010 page 256

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Loren You know some episodes of Dr. Who seem to have endless running down dark corridors? The second volume of the Glass Books takes place in the space of a single evening and all three of our characters from the first volume spend the entire book running breathlessly through the halls of Harschmont House. I continue to love the main characters, but there was less character development here and so much busy-ness that I took less pleasure in this book.

Judging from the Goodreads reviews of the next book, The Dark Volume, I'll stop reading the series here. I like that this second book seems to come to a sort of resolution. I like that Celeste seems to glimpse a happy ending. Still, I think that after spending 1000 pages with these characters, I am ready to move on.

It's a shame. I adored the first book so much!