Realteenreviews's Reviews > The Last Olympian

The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan

The Gist

After just escaping the Labyrinth and making a new friend along the way (Rachel Elizabeth Dare), Percy and the gang have started a new year, but not to a great start. Some of their closest friends are dying as a result of the war and Kronos is gaining power very quickly as more people join his army. Percy starts to put together an army to face of Kronos when he arrives in New York and his prophecy quickly starts to unfold, mysteries are brought up, things resolved and a battle that puts an end to everything.

What We Think

Reviewed by The North Star

I thought that it was finally time that I reviewed the final Percy Jackson book so here it goes. This was one of my least favorite of the Percy Jackson books. Then thing I didn’t like about it was that not a lot really happened. I mean they had this huge battle but reading the book it was a little dry. The ending parts of the book was amazing but the beginning and middle part of the book were just ehh for me. I also didn’t like the character of Rachel Elizabeth Dare in this book because she was very whiny and there was this weird relationship between Percy and her. There were things that I did like about this book though. The whole big fight was great and all the things in the past books that you were scratching your head about where all cleared up in this book. All in all I think that it was a really good end to a series and although Rick Riordan will probably not right another Percy Jackson book for a while it’s OK because the ending was very satisfying. If you have followed the entire series then you should most definitely finish the series off with this book!!!!!

Real Teen Rating~ A: Go Buy Now!

Reviewed by Dream Catcher

I couldn’t believe that this was the last book. I was so excited for this book to come out, but also a part of me didn’t want it to. I wanted the series to continue. I didn’t want it to end. But still, I got the book the first day I possible could and read it that same day. And finished it. One day was all it took to read one 300-something page book. That’s an accomplishment for me. Out of all the Percy Jackson books I have to say this one might me my favorite. It answered so many questions and had a lot of sweet Percabeth (Percy+Annabeth) romance. You finally get to learn about Percys prophecy and watch as he takes steps to defeat Kronos and his army. I also found this one of the saddest Percy Jackson books, but I won’t say why. Hint: they are in the middle of a WAR after all. This is the epic conclution to a stunning series. Read, laugh, cry, and complete the truly amazing Percy Jackson series.

Real Teen Rating~ A+ : Why are you still reading this, go buy this book now!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Olympian.